Catching Up

I've been so absent from the blogging world lately.  My blog, catching up on other blogs. I need more time in the day!

So here is a little update.  Photos, thoughts and happenings in our lives!  For those who still read my blog. :)


Carter is 5 months old!  I can hardly believe it.  He is sitting up better now unassisted and continues to be a rolling machine.  He is babbling more and it is the cutest thing ever.  His smile still lights up the room and he is just a happy boy.  He has been waking up a little earlier these days, although he still sleeps between 9-10 hours at night, so I can't complain there.  He is growing fast and I'm still always amazed that he is completely nourished by me.  I have loved breastfeeding both of my kids as babies and I'm so grateful that I have the support and ability to feed them.
 





Natalie is definitely a two year old.  A little more bossy these days.  We hear the word 'no' far too much, although she is polite enough to often say 'no thank you.'  She still is very kind (most of the time) to her brother and often gets him toys.  I love watching their interaction now that he can sit up a little more and giggles back at her. She even has enthusiasm for him starting to babble.  She was saying to him " say dada" the other night at the dinner table.   She loves to sing and sings all the time.  Twinkle, Twinkle, Baa Baa Black Sheep, ABCs, Rock A Bye Baby, BINGO, and Jingle Bells are just a few of her favorites.  She even sings the melodies but makes up other words. We spend our days coloring, playing with play-doh (her favorite), making all types of wonderful pretend food, and finally now that it is cooler going to the park and taking walks.   She is definitely getting ready for preschool and we have begun the search for a program for next year.





We have enjoyed all that a Texas fall offers.  Slightly cooler days, pumpkin patches and Halloween.  We enjoyed watching Natalie take in the festivities of fall.  Pick out pumpkins and get all dressed up.  She looked adorable and thoroughly enjoyed going from house to house.  They were the cutest cowgirl and pony combo around.














Life is definitely more chaotic with a strong willed two year old, who wants to do EVERYTHING herself and a 5 month old baby.  These years with young children are certainly a sacrifice in personal time and require more energy than I've ever put into anything.  But it is so completely worth it and I wouldn't trade anything.  Our little ones are amazing and beautiful and I still can't believe they are a part of us.









With a life so full, it is hard not to wonder.  Not to wonder why I have this amazing life and others suffer or live short lives.  I wonder why some babies and children never get to enjoy this.  This wondrous life.  While I don't write about Oliver as much these days and am far from the anxiety that plagued me just 5 months ago,  he will always be thought of and in many ways even more so now.    His short life will always be a reminder to live to the fullest and never take anything for granted.


And that is just what we have been doing these days.

crystal  – (November 7, 2011 at 8:20 PM)  

I love looking at your pictures. I wished you lived close to me because I would love for you to take some pictures of my boys :) So glad everything is going great for you guys!!!

ccc  – (November 8, 2011 at 2:45 AM)  

Too cute Halloween costumes!
When you said how amazed you are when you look at Carter and think that only you have nourished him, it made me think back to all the times I would think the same thing when I looked at my babies before they started eating solids.

Colleen  – (November 8, 2011 at 8:21 AM)  

Gorgeous pictures!!! Love all of them. I am so envious! I need to spend more time with my camera. Glad you guys are well!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP