6 months
>> Saturday, November 26, 2011 –
Carter,
milestones,
thankful
6 months ago we met Carter.
Today he is the sweetest, happiest, most loveable little guy and I couldn't imagine a more perfect addition to our family.
I love this age!
Carter wants to experience everything.
He cracks up when he is tickled and loves to be flown through the air. He has the greatest laugh and widest smile.
He babbles, slobbers and shrieks and it is adorable. His favorite sound right now is da-da but has plenty of other random baby words mixed in. Natalie will often sit with him and say ' say mama' or 'say dada.' It is really cute.
He sits well unassisted, but still slouches quite a bit, but he is getting there. He definitely gains more balance every day and loves being up now rather than on his back. I remember Natalie was the same way. Once they see the world from that angle, it is not nearly as exciting on they backs. He still likes his tummy and will even start to get up on his knees, but clearly doesn't understand the concept of getting up on his arms to crawl. He certainly tries very hard to reach things that are far away.
He vigorously plays with every toy, primarily throwing each one off of the highchair. His favorites right now are: Sophie the Giraffe (seriously if you don't have this, it is worth every penny) and this great little musical toy, Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes
(the baby ipod). And with those favorites comes many minutes of studying every detail. He does the same thing with his hands and binky. He loves to just move his fingers, watching the way each one moves.
He lights up whenever he sees his sister and she can make him laugh even when others can't. He is always intrigued by her and even starts crying when she gets upset. I love watching them together and as I always say, I can't wait to watch their friendship and bond blossom.
I love watching Carter take in the lights and festivities of the holidays.
His first Thanksgiving and Christmas. It reminds me of how unsure I was last year around this time. Wondering if I would truly have this perfect ending.
But now here we are. All 4 gathered around the table and tree on these special holidays.
These 6 months have been the most tiring months of my life, but certainly the most rewarding. I know every parent says that. But it is true. I wouldn't trade a day of what I have right now (although I may bargain for some sleep). Everyday I watch each of them see the world in a different way and take in everything around them. It truly is such an amazing experience and one I try so hard to never take for granted.
I can't wait to partake in everything the holiday season has to offer and watch them both awe inspired by the festivities.
I truly hope all of you have had a joyous Thanksgiving and are surrounded by family and friends as we enter the Christmas season.






















Those are so great! I especially love the one of Carter smiling and the with Natalie stroking his cheek. So precious!
I am so happy for you. Natalie and Carter are beautiful! And your pictures are gorgeous. Sending you and your family peace and love this holiday season!
beautiful!!
Those overalls are cute and the photos of your little ones playing together are precious.
OMG! hes perfect. just PERFECT! love his sweet brown eyes :)