One year

One year ago I wrote my first entry: Love

This is where I've shared my sadness and my grief.  My hope and dreams.  My love and the beauty in my life.  The words come from my soul and are written here to remember my journey.  To remember Oliver.  To remember my pregnancy.  To remember Natalie and Carter as they grow.  To capture a part of my everyday life and thoughts.



I never thought I would start a blog, let alone have enough to say to continue writing a year later.  I never thought I would have strangers commenting and reading and supporting me through my journey.  I never thought so much would happen in just a year.  I started from a place of grief and one year later find myself in a time of happiness. I never thought I could feel so much love and be so grateful for what I have in my life.  And here it is all written and captured.  The love stories of my life.



This is where my heart was first broken.

In those early days, I logged on daily to read other blogs about babyloss and found myself compelled to write down my own thoughts and emotions.  I wrote from the depths of grief, as I longed to be pregnant again and still waiting for the arrival of our little boy.  I wrote as a mother longing for her baby, one who didn't survive outside the womb.  My words were filled with anxiety and sadness.  It was a long summer, but as fall came along this space became a new place.  A place to capture my pregnancy after a loss.

This is where I found hope. 

I was so excited to announce my pregnancy to those that follow my blog.  My readers are the ones who have followed me from that first entry and I finally had good news to share.  A light in the midst of the darkness that had been my summer.   The posts became more hopeful, yet still filled with anxiety and I shared my excitement as my belly grew each week. 


This is where I found healing.

Six weeks ago and almost one year later from starting this blog, I finally welcomed Carter and shared my happiness here.  I finally held my living little boy in my arms and the grief of just a year earlier seemed so far away.  Here I was able to share the true happiness in what the birth of our son meant. 

This small space has become a part of me.  A place to just write. Share thoughts and photos.  A place where I've grown in just 365 days.  And in these 365 days, you, my readers who have followed and  read my words and left comments of support, love and encouragement are a part of this space too.  I couldn't have made it through this year without your words. While I speak of grief less and no longer have a pregnancy to share, I will continue this space to share a part of my heart through words and photos.  To remember my journey and a little boy and always be thankful for what I have now.  My children and husband and all the love in my life.





Thank you for reading and spending time in this little world with my family and me.

Chanti, Adrian and Julian  – (July 7, 2011 at 10:35 PM)  

For one year your words have touched me down to the core of my soul. Happy, Sad, Hopeful, Anxious and Joyful. Thank you so much for sharing. Much love.

RoseAnna P. Cyr  – (July 8, 2011 at 6:44 AM)  

Happy year. Wishing you love and joy in the year to come...

Colleen  – (July 8, 2011 at 7:54 AM)  

A beautiful family it is!! Thank you for sharing all of it with us! I can relate on so many levels and it's always nice to feel you aren't alone. gorgeous pictures!

Alissa  – (July 8, 2011 at 8:54 PM)  

I'm so glad to have found you on this journey, Andrea. Despite the reasons we are here, I feel blessed to have had stories and memories to share with each other. Thank you for reading about Kennedy and sharing your family with me. ((hugs))

Natalie Ross  – (July 11, 2011 at 5:01 PM)  

Your blog is a blessing. I am now where you were. You give me such hope. Thank you for sharing your heart and how you are healing. What a blessing.

Thank you.

Natalie Ross

Hannah  – (July 11, 2011 at 6:33 PM)  

What a beautiful family and a beautiful story. So happy you could find joy again. I unfortunately understand your pain, but I too can smile again. The Lord blessed us with another little boy to raise for Him. God bless you as you walk this journey of love!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP