Florida and a Giveaway!
>> Wednesday, January 12, 2011 –
giveaway,
love,
photography
Where to begin?! Our vacation was amazing. It was relaxing and we spent most of our days wandering the beach. We had a few chilly days, but the others were beautiful - warm and sunny. Natalie thoroughly enjoyed the beach, although she was a little cautious of the water. While I know my family often gets irritated that the camera is constantly in front of my face, these photos transport me back to every little moment we shared together. Natalie's first time on the beach, just soaking up the sun and everyone having a good time. Everyday was filled with so much happiness!
As I mentioned earlier, I am having my first giveaway as a thank you for all of my followers and readers. As I enter into my next 100 posts, I don't know where I would be without all of your kind and supportive comments. You have all helped me so much through the difficult months following Oliver's death, now these months of a pregnancy after loss and of course always so kind with comments about Natalie and my photography. It always surprises me how kind people can be when they don't know me or my family in real life. But there is a unique connection that you can make through blogging and I am forever grateful.
I will be giving away a $50 gift certificate to be used for a piece from the amazing jeweler, Lisa Hopkins, who created my beautiful necklace that I wear in memory of Oliver. You may remember this post.
Anyone can enter! Leave a comment and tell me what you are thankful for this new year. You can enter until Friday, January 14 and I'll randomly chose a winner and announce it this weekend.
Thank you again to everyone. I have so much to be thankful for as we start this new year. My family, our good health, all the love in my life and the very real possibility that we will get to meet our healthy son this May.
Enjoy the photos below of our beautiful end of the year trip.
Enjoy the photos below of our beautiful end of the year trip.
Leaving bright and early!
Our beautiful beach house and the view of the intercoastal waterway from our balcony
Natalie wandering the beach across from our house
A chilly day, but that didn't stop Natalie from enjoying the sand
Enjoying the sand on her feet for the first time
Sand is so much fun for a 1.5 year old
'Christmas' morning with our whole family
Thanks to Nana and Grandpa, Natalie has her first camera. Now she can be just like Mommy
Checking out her loot from Santa
Opening presents. Crayons and her own personalized wooden puzzle
Obvious that she loves her Daddy
A fun family day at Busch Gardens
The roller coaster enthusiasts of the family
Natalie was a trooper at the park as we were there for 8 hours. She even took a quick snooze in her stroller.
Looking at all of the animals
More amazing animals. Love watching her look of wonder.
Hanging out with Daddy and Nana
Love the one of Natalie looking over his shoulder
The best part was the Sesame Street section of Busch Gardens. Natalie went right up and happily had her photo taken with Grover and Cookie Monster. She adoringly says 'cook-kie'
Watching the live performance with her favorite characters
Elmo hugging Natalie was just about the cutest thing ever! She even gave an adorable smile.
Walking out to the jetty to watch the last sunset of 2010
Natalie giving me a kiss. Love the silhouette photo my sister took of me and my little belly.
Our little family watching the sun dip below the ocean. A perfect way to end the year.
Starting out 2011 with a beautiful day on the beach
It was such an amazing day and Natalie had so much fun playing in the sand
Enjoying scooping sand in the bucket and watching Daddy build sandcastles
Loving the dog that was roaming the beach. Luckily he was friendly.
I'll always remember the warmth of the sun, watching Natalie play in the sand and laugh and the love of my family and happiness in being 5 months pregnant.
She sought the comfort of Daddy when she was a little unsure of the water
And held on tight while they watched the waves
She loved all of the shells and the sand on her feet
Just our little family
Nothing but happiness and love
More love
Sandcastles and feet in the sand
My sweet little girl
Enjoying a story with her Aunt
In the arms of her Daddy
Another day of digging, scooping, collecting shells and running on the beach
One of the cooler days, but that didn't stop us from soaking up every ounce of the beach
Natalie was enamored with the beautiful flower
As always, can't get enough of her sweet smile
More sweetness
The whole family. Thanks to the self timer and beach chair.
Saying goodbye to 'nana' and 'gaga'















































I've already seen them on fb, but LOVE all the pics! Looks like an incredible family vacay!
Going into this new year I am thankful for fresh starts. Although I don't know with any certainty that 2011 will be any better than 2010, I love all the untapped possibility that awaits! :)
<3 you!
Beautiful pictures! I am thankful for my family and for my new baby son Carter that I can't wait to meet in June!
Your photos are AMAZING! And your family is GORGEOUS! I am so very thankful for my rainbows <3
Hi there,
Beautiful pictures as always! So many ones to frame. How do you do it girl?!! Love them. I'm thankful for my little ones who make me laugh every single day in some fashion. I don't know how I could ever live without them.
It looks like you had a wonderful trip. I remember Lily's first time at the beach, it is a trip I will always remember and cherish.
This year I am thankful for so many things...but more than anything else in the world I am thankful for Lily. She is my everything and often the only thing that keeps me going.
Lovely pictures! I'm thankful for good health! I love that necklace! :)
Such beautiful pictures...I love the sunset ones. And congrats on 100 posts, thanks for the giveaway!
Gotta say ditto - love all the family photos. Looks like a wonderful vacation, and beautiful family time.
Me, I'm thankful for the new life growing inside of me, and the hope of having a live, healthy daughter in April/May. I am thankful for my dear husband who has walked with me through the devastating loss of our daughter, Acacia. And I'm deeply thankful for new friendships that have helped me walk along the path of mourning my daughter's death and putting back together the pieces of my heart and life.
Lots of love to you.
I am thankful that two beautiful orphans that we have been praying and blogging for found their forever families yesterday ...God is amazing!
Wow ~your photos are amazing! So happy that you were able to be with family and make those precious memories!
I'm thankful for the people I live with. They have made the bad things bearable and the good things better.
Beautiful pictures, it looks like it was an amazing trip! I'm thankful for the incredible gift our donor family gave us and this pregnancy. I'm also so thankful for the man I made the decision to marry seven years ago and that he is the one who has been by my side through all that this last year has thrown our way.
I'm thankful for my daughter Claire and the fact that even though she passed away, I can still feel her presence even though we are in a New Year. I was afraid she would begin to fade as the years passed and I'm thankful knowing her presence is still just as strong.
natalie looks SO grown up in those photos! holy moses. she's so beautiful..
i am thankful for my little sister lily and all the unspeakable joy she has brought into my life this last year. i didn't know that i wanted a sister with down syndrome...until i got one. she is the light of my life!
Awww...love the pics, Andrea. They are absolutely beautiful. I'm thankful for the gorgeous lives that have reached out to me via my blog...and the impact those people have on my life today and in the future.... 2011 brings hope for many possibilities.... ((hugs and love))
Beautiful photos from what looked like an amazing vacation. Hope it was warmer for you guys then it was for us :) I read your blog often and so appreciate your openess and honesty about your life and experiences. Thank you!
I found your blog through Kristin's. You have an absolutely beautiful family.
I am thankful for my family. My husband and two amazing daughters. I miss my boys but I am thankful that I was blessed to carry them for 6 months and blessed to hold them for a short time.
Love the pictures!
I am thankful that we have been blessed with two beautiful girls we get to see each and every single day, I am thankful that we were blessed with a gorgeous son that we were able to spend 70 days with after being told we wouldn't have 70 minutes with him. I am thankful that I have a husband who takes such good care of us, emotionally, financially and every way in between. I am thankful for good friends and family who make life worth living. I am thankful for so much.
Beautiful pictures.
With all the loss that I have endured, I am beyond thankful that I haven't lost my hope. It helps me move forward!
So so many things to be thankful for! Most of all right now, a much-needed renewed sense of spirit recently.
Love your photos. Looks like you had a great time!
I love your blog...I am thankful that our 3 sons are all healthy right at this moment
cathy