Tiny and Perfect

After Oliver died, I scoured Etsy to find the perfect piece of jewelry to remember him by.  Did I want a symbol, or his name, small or big, necklace or bracelet. The options were endless. As I searched, I realized that a tree or branch would be perfect, since his name literally means 'olive tree.' I grew excited as I decided on the perfect symbol. My desire to have something that symbolized him and his short life grew with vigor.  It was like I couldn't breathe until I had a little something to symbolize him. I needed something I could wear all the time. Something close to my body.

There were so many tree and branch designs on necklaces, rings and bracelets. And when I came across Lisa Hopkins design, I just knew. This was it.

She has so many beautiful designs!  She was more than happy to work with me to engrave Oliver's name on the back, but the necklace I ended up getting was so tiny, that I decided I would rather have the tininess, then his name. The small branch and the delicacy and perfection of the necklace is all I needed to remind me of him.  It is perfect and tiny, just like him.

Check out her etsy store. 

Nancy  – (August 3, 2010 at 12:42 PM)  

Hey sweetie! I love the design, says it all very simply. My heart is with you always:)

Jill  – (August 3, 2010 at 1:42 PM)  

What a beautiful design. I checked out the site and everything is so lovely.

Big Love, Big Acceptance - or so I say  – (August 3, 2010 at 8:14 PM)  

I love the necklace!

I too checked out Etsy soon after Acacia died. I was so determined to find SOMETHING to remember my child by. I finally decided on a silver band bracelet, with her name and birth and death dates engraved in it. Somedays I wear it, and somedays I don't. I find it important to create these reminders that help us feel close to our child.

Julie  – (August 3, 2010 at 10:05 PM)  

it is beautiful. my girlfriends gave me a necklace just days after kenny died that is flat and round like yours, with a K on the front and his birthdate on the back. even though it never touched him and i did not have it until after he was gone, i can't help but feeling some sort of connection to him through it. i wear it often and sometimes feel "safer" when i wear it. i can't really explain it - i suppose it's a sort of security blanket.

Anonymous –   – (August 3, 2010 at 10:05 PM)  

SO lovely! When we get coffee (soon!!) I will show you my necklace. : ) <3

Kenzie Rice  – (August 3, 2010 at 11:30 PM)  

hi andrea! i found your blog through a friend..it's beautiful! i read your post about the loss of your baby boy, oliver. my heart goes out to you and your husband. i'm so so sorry. i can't imagine what that must have been like, but i'm glad that you guys are healing with time! on another note..the pictures you take are gorgeous, what kind of camera do you use? i'd love to know! i'm super into photography as well. i don't have the best camera at the moment, but i'm saving for a nicer one. i'm thinking i might start out with a canon rebel..also, what program do you use to edit your photos?

Dana  – (August 4, 2010 at 7:52 AM)  

That is a beautiful necklace!

Melody  – (August 16, 2010 at 9:42 AM)  

That's really, really beautiful. I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine. I'm glad that you at least have this one small comfort.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP