Birthday Wish
Yesterday I celebrated the beginning of my 28th year. It was a fun filled day with my little family and a delicious dinner at the Melting Pot. While birthdays come and go differently then when we were little, it it is still a time to reflect on the past year and the future ones. What will I accomplish this year? How will my life improve? All of those questions run through my head on my birthday.
Last year, it was still too early to test, but I just felt pregnant. It had only been the first month of trying, but I assumed it would happen fast since it did with Natalie. I didn't drink on my birthday, in hopes that I truly was pregnant and sure enough 4 days later I saw a positive pregnancy test. That was the beginning of an exciting journey, one I assumed would have a happy ending. I was excited that by the time my 28th birthday rolled around I would have two children. But that just wasn't the case.
On my 28th birthday, I find myself halfway through my third pregnancy, happy and content. This is the third birthday I've been pregnant and I certainly hope that I have two happy and healthy children as my 29th birthday rolls around next year. All I can wish for is that. Two children to complete our little family. But that fear, of what if I'm still waiting for another child this time next year, lingers in the back of my head. I have already come so far and am so in love that I just can't imagine that possibility. Sadly I know that won't change the potential outcome, so I can only hang on to the hope that next year will be my most joyous birthday yet. That my 28th year will have brought so much to be happy and thankful for.
As the restaurant brought out the dessert, with one small candle atop, I took my time to make that wish as I blew out my candle. I looked across the table and my husband said, "I know what you wished for." "For everything to go smoothly with this pregnancy and to have a healthy baby." And it was just that. My one birthday wish.


gosh you always make me cry!!! haha. that is SO SWEET what your husband said. it's my wish for you guys too!:) prayin for you and the babe every day. xo
Happy BirthdaY!
happy birthday btw!
That would be my birthday wish for you too, Andrea. Hoping the best in your 28th year, hun. ((hugs))
Happy belated birthday! I hope that this year brings you more joy than you ever knew possible! ((hugs))
I am confident you'll get this birthday wish! Only a few more months!