A New Day

Yesterday was such a whirlwind of emotions, both happy and sad but I think it offered the best thing possible.  Some closure and peace.  Yesterday was such a beautiful and perfect day with my family.  The beginning was filled with happy and joyous news and a look at our new little one, the middle was filled with picking out the perfect tree for Oliver and planting it in its new home, and it ended with a beautiful walk as the sun set to get ice cream.  By the end of the day I was exhausted.  It felt like I had gone through this big event and I could finally breathe and relax a little.

Today feels different.  I woke up feeling refreshed and like it was a brand new day.  We spent Oliver's due date exactly how I wanted to.  With my little family of 3 (well 3.5) and remembering Oliver and what the day would have held.  It helps to be pregnant and have hopes of this little one entering the world.  In no way will this child replace Oliver and it was special being pregnant and finding out he/she is doing well on his due date.  It seemed like a special gift.  The chance to get to bring another child into the world.

I feel the peace and acceptance filling in the anger and sorrow more and more.  And today it feels like a huge space was filled with peace and acceptance.  The sorrow has changed, it is still there, but has morphed.  When I think of Oliver my heart fills with love.  I know much of it has to do with being pregnant.  A new love grows and I'm given hope that I will have a living child in the not to distant future.  Of course, it is still sad to think that child isn't Oliver and that he isn't joining our family here on Earth, but I also feel like this new little person, completely separate from Natalie and Oliver, deserves all of the same love and attention.  I feel that sense of contentment creeping back into my life and I just hope I can hold on to it for as long as possible.

In feeling this sense of contentment, I am still saddened though by all of my other babyloss friends who are still on the trying to conceive ride and especially to those that have had miscarriages after their other losses.  It just still is completely unfair that I can have all of the happiness in the world right now, while others still aren't close to the one thing they want: a live child. The hardest thing I've learned about wanting another child is that no amount of trying harder or wanting with every ounce of your body will necessarily bring you a child.  There is no studying harder or extra credit, it is just waiting to see if you are lucky enough to have a living child at the end.  I know it doesn't seem that difficult when healthy living babies are born everyday.  But after having a loss that reality seems unreachable.

Kenzie Rice  – (October 6, 2010 at 12:02 AM)  

I'm so happy you're doing better! Praying this baby will flourish in your tummy and will make its entrance into this world as a perfectly healthy little one :) Hugs to you!

Julie  – (October 6, 2010 at 3:58 AM)  

andrea, this sounds like such a lovely day. somehow i missed that you were pregnant. i'm sorry to say that i've spent so little time blogging lately that i think i read the first part of your last post and scrolled through the pictures, and didn't realize there was more at the end. so sorry to have missed that. i am so excited for you, and hoping you get a LONG and uneventful 9 months, followed by a perfect, healthy baby.

Anonymous –   – (October 6, 2010 at 8:13 AM)  

I'm so happy you spent your due date peacefully.

Allison  – (October 6, 2010 at 9:12 AM)  

What a beautiful post, Andrea! I am so glad that yesterday brought you so many special moments. What you said about trying to bring life into the world rang so true to me. Lately, I have thought a lot about our decision to have children until after I completed my schooling. I always took having children for granted, but I know now that so much of the TTC journey is out of my control. School and career are cakewalks compared to what we are going through now. I am wishing you a healthy pregnancy and a precious rainbow in May. You and your family are in my thoughts!

Dana  – (October 6, 2010 at 12:37 PM)  

I'm glad yesterday was all that you wanted it to be. Peaceful and reflective and a celebration, both of Oliver's life and your new little onen's life.

It does seem like a special gift to be pregnant on the due date and find out that the baby is doing fine. It was my dream to be pregnant on Jacob's due date.

I'm so glad that peace and acceptance and contentment are crowding out the sorrow. You have been on a long, difficult road and you deserve happiness again.

Jennifer  – (October 6, 2010 at 3:01 PM)  

It is indeed a new day for you. Glad Oliver's due date brought you a new hope. Like the title on your previous post, it was a celebration of life - two lives, in fact. Here's to remembering Oliver with you and to praying for your new little one's health and well-being. (((hugs)))

Emily  – (October 6, 2010 at 9:54 PM)  

If this makes any sense: I'm amazingly happy for you and completely jealous at the same time. I hope everything from here on out goes swimmingly for you and your family.

Andrea  – (October 6, 2010 at 9:59 PM)  

Thank you Emily. It makes perfect sense. I wish all my babyloss mama friends quick TTC journeys. I was right there with the jealousy just a short 5 weeks ago.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP