5 months
I think about Oliver everyday and I think even more so the past few weeks because he would have been arriving any day. It is so beautiful here and everything about the beauty of fall, the crisp air and falling leaves reminds me of what I was hoping to have this fall. The sadness doesn't linger nearly as long when I think of him, but my heart still aches.
I find that my time to imagine him is right before I fall asleep. As my mind is clearing at the end of the day and I'm just about to fall asleep, that is the time I 'have' with him. Not every night, not even every week, but it is almost like as I transition from reality to dreamland I'm closest to a world beyond ours. Where the veil is thinnest. At least I like to think of it like that. That is the place I always imagine him and what he would have been like. They are always visions of him as a little boy maybe 3 or 4. Not sure why, but I rarely picture him as a baby. I'm comforted though by the images I often get right before I drift off to sleep. It is where he can live within my heart and be remembered.
I'm so thankful that people still think of Oliver and more people know about Oliver's story thanks to articles about Faces of Loss and his story. I am so honored that a talented local photographer, Michele at Pinkle Toes Photography, wanted to feature Oliver's story, Faces of Loss and our I AM THE FACE campaign. She was going to photographer his birth, but those plans are now on hold, hopefully to happen in May! She really is one of the sweetest and most thoughtful people I have ever met. Check out the blog article and of course her work. It is amazing!
http://pinkletoesblogstalker.com/2010/10/brought-together-by-loss-inspired-by-hope.html


I love how you describe your time with Oliver before you fall asleep. I treasure those moments when I can get lost in imagining Drew. It is slowly getting easier to have those moments without feeling the incredible pain and sorrow that accompanied me for the first several months. My heart is with you, and I am sending you wishes for a joyous May!