Coming into view
>> Monday, August 2, 2010 –
hope
All alone and slowly wilting, but still standing strong on a beautiful sunny day. This was me right after Oliver died. Some days it was like standing in a field full of other beautiful flowers but being the only one not blooming. I knew they were there, but couldn't see them. I was in my own world of darkness and grief and I could not see beyond.
As the days go on, I'm starting to see other flowers come into view and see now that I'm not alone in this giant field. To my surprise, I see other ones just like me and growing right beside me. They are there, strong, yet delicate and beautiful and blooming in the full sun.
Every beautiful flower has their own story, many just like mine. There are times when we feel isolated and that we are standing all alone without someone there to care, support and tend to us. But despite the harsh seasons, we will endure and continue to bloom all the while growing together.





beautiful analogy.
I am glad to be in this incredible community of parents. I know we all would prefer desperately to NOT be here, but here we are...living, breathing and missing our babies. Desperately trying to face another day without them. Secure in the company of all the 'others' who know were we are.