My List

A fellow blogger recently wrote an entry about the other things in her life that define her, since most of our blogs revolve around our babies that are gone. It is easy to feel like people just see us as broken down women that are now all consumed with our babies that have died. Yes, I lost my second child and my heart will always ache and my mind will often wander thinking of him, but I've come out on the other side as a stronger person and more thankful for the loves in my life.

Here is a list of things that I love and that define me.

I think with my head, but love with my whole heart.
I research everything possible, but still have a hard time making decisions.
I am a perfectionist, when it comes to some things and I am learning not to let the fear of imperfection take charge.
I like to be in control and am learning to slowly give that up.

I absolutely love photography. For the very reason that you can freeze time and physically carry a memory with you forever.
I love the beauty that surrounds us. From nature to people.
I love to travel. The next place on my list: Italy and Greece.
I love good food and even better, when someone else cooks.

I love a good latte and glass of red wine.
I love partly cloudy skies; those days when the sky is blue but filled with prefect fluffy white clouds.
I am a geek: I have two level 80 WoW characters.
I love being with creative people and hearing about other people's experiences.
I love to go to the movies, but rarely like to watch a movie more than once.

I've worked in the arts and environmental non-profit field and financial industry.
I am a native Idahoan.
I majored in music in college and played both the flute and piano.
I am minus one organ: my gallbladder

I love the sound of my daughter's laugh and my husband's voice.
I love lazy weekends filled with blueberry pancakes, naps and adventures to the park.
Above all else, I love and cherish my family.

I am a daughter and a first born.
I am a sister to two amazing women.
I am married to my best friend; an amazing, loving and talented man who has been a part of my life for almost 10 years.
I am a mother to one little girl, who holds my heart and a little boy who left too soon.
I am loved.

Anonymous –   – (July 23, 2010 at 12:35 AM)  

I've found my way here from Kelle Hampton's blog and I wanted to say how moving your blog is and my sincere condolences for the passing of Oliver ♥

Stacie from Australia
http://www.stacewyllie.blogspot.com

Colleen  – (July 23, 2010 at 7:16 AM)  

Hi Andrea,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I wish I could say that getting through the 9 months was a breeze but of course you probably know that's not possible. It was a long 9 months and I dealt with it the best I could by taking one day at a time. Each milestone was a blessing. I often felt that I wouldn't have a bond with my son as I was too afraid to get attached to him. That feeling carried with me throughout. It did get easier but remained with me throughout always on some level. Oh, the other thing that was hard for me was I worried how I would bond with a baby of the same sex. That part was hard. It was hard to separate the two pregnancies. That probably sounds strange but I was pregnant about a year and a half later (we had ivf with Colin) I remember when Colin was born just asking my husband if he was ok. It was only then I started to relax a little. You will - god willing- will get through it too. When you hold that baby in the end all the anxiety and fears just go away! I signed on as a follower.

Elaine  – (July 23, 2010 at 8:11 AM)  

That is beautiful. There really isn't much better than a little girls laugh is there? That's one of my favourite things too, my daughters giggle.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP