9 months

























Carter is 9 months old!  He had his well check today and is 19.9 lbs and 30 inches long.  Still in the 94% for height!  Wondering if he is going to stay long and lean.  He is healthy and on track.




He is a crawling machine.  He chases after Natalie and follows me all day long.  He doesn't really adventure around the house a whole lot.  He really prefers to stay around people.  He loves to chase after the cats though.  He babbles all the time and my favorite thing is when Natalie and Carter copy one another.  Natalie likes to be his second mother.






He is better sleeping through the night!  Waking up early (between 5-6) but no crying in the middle of the night.  We did let him put himself back to sleep a couple nights after knowing he was dry with a full tummy and that has helped immensely.  It was heartbreaking and difficult knowing if that was the right thing to do, but so far he is putting himself back to sleep if he stirs and sleeps for 10-11 hours at night. Fingers crossed that he continues his good sleep habits.


I can't believe he is only a few months away from his first birthday!  As we near his first birthday, I get sad to move further away from the baby stage.  And with that comes being weaned.


I know there is no hard and fast rule about having to be weaned at a year and if anything I'm pretty sure he is not going to wean himself like his sister.  I will work on get him down to before bed after his first birthday and go from there.  While a part of me is looking forward to having my body back after years of pregnancy and breastfeeding, I'm having a hard time being done.  Being done providing for my babies.  Never smelling that sweet breath.  Never laying next to him as he falls asleep eating and cuddled close to me. 




I feel so lucky that I've been able to nurse both of my kids.  Nursing has certainly had its challenges.  Espeically that first month. It is painful, frustrating and exhausting. Although some of that is just motherhood in general. :)  No one prepares you for bleeding and cracked nipples and the frustration of wondering 'Is he getting enough?'  But I never had any latch or supply issues and I've always reached a point with both of my kids where it becomes the most natural thing.  It is easy and feels right.  I like that I have to take the time to sit quietly with a content baby.  Sure there are times at 5am I wonder why I am the only one that can feed him, but it is something that only I get to provide.  And that has always been worth it to me.  Maybe I like that Carter wants me for that contentment and nourishment.  And I feel proud that my body carried and grew a healthy baby and continues to provide sustenance 9 months later.   I will always be thankful for this time.


The weather is warming up around here and Spring feels just around the corner.  I'm looking forward to these beautiful months here and preparing for 2 birthdays before the beginning of summer.  I can't believe it will be Carter's 1st birthday and Natalie's 3rd.  Life is good.

Kenzie Rice  – (March 1, 2012 at 11:28 AM)  

that last picture is just to die for!! that boy's going to be a lady killer for sure :)

Anonymous –   – (March 9, 2012 at 8:47 AM)  

He's adorable and growing way too fast (but I guess that's what kids do). You have such an cute family!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP