4 months
>> Wednesday, September 28, 2011 –
Carter,
milestones,
photography
I find it interesting how a year ago this space was my lifeline and now I find myself getting the chance to write less and less often. I can't complain because my arms are now full with a sweet little boy and my life is happy. It isn't filled with the anxiety and stress it was a year ago. The worry and fear that plagued my posts of wondering if I would every really be in this place. This beautiful place that I am in right now.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can hardly believe it but Carter is 4 months old! He had his check up yesterday and is still one big boy. He weighed in at 16.9 lbs and 27.5 inches, putting him in the 80th for weight and above the 95th of height. At this rate, he will most likely be taller than us. :)
He is perfectly healthy and hitting all of his milestones. He is rolling and often wakes himself up at night, hating that he is on his stomach. He grabs and holds toys, which instantly go in his mouth. And he sits up well, assisted and has full neck control now. It is amazing how each newborn feature slowly disappears. It just doesn't seem like it has already been 4 months.
He contiunes to have an amazing reltionship with his sister. Natalie still absoloutely loves him and just wants to be near him. I thought his 'newness' might wear off at this point, but she just wants to be near him. Holding his hand and loving him. It doesn't hurt that now he flashes his big smile at her and they make each other giggle. He gets excited by her presence and her voice can instantly calm him down. It is such a treasure watching their relationship blossom at this early stage. I have no doubt they will always have a special bond.
I love getting the chance to be a mother another time around. It is so different this time. I know more, trust my instincts and love more. I give him far more kisses and snuggles than I ever did with Natalie. But he is also a much more cuddly baby. He truly is just the sweetest thing on this Earth! I can't get enough of his beaming smile, the way he giggles when I kiss his cheek and the way he perfectly fits into my arms when nursing him or snugging him before bed.
He is very aware of his surroundings now and gets distracted easily, when eating or when trying to nap. As always, it is bittersweet to watch him grow up and move further away from the early weeks. But I know how great this next year is as it brings crawling and walking. And I can't wait to watch him grow into a little toddler like his sister.
And now to share some photos from the past few weeks. Summer is finally winding down and we are all looking forward to fall.


















As always, such sweet photos! I love the one of him sleeping under the toy, and in the crib. Sleeping babies are the most amazing thing to watch--I always stared at my babies when they slept and was so happy at how they looked so peaceful.
Beautiful! I love the sleeping pictures too, so, so sweet! The one with your husband with the carrier and of you kissing your sweet baby, those are priceless!
if we lived near one another our baby boys would surely be good buddies. I love all your photos, as always! xoxo