Silence
>> Wednesday, August 10, 2011 –
being a mother,
photography
His tiny half opened lips and delicate eyelashes.
The way he peacefully sleeps with a gentle rising and falling of his chest.
The little movement of his mouth and hand as he sucks on his fingers.
I quietly take out my camera to capture the priceless moment.
Waiting until I can come in to scoop him up and feel his warm cheeks against mine.
Waiting until I can come in to scoop him up and feel his warm cheeks against mine.
I confess I look forward to mid afternoon when both little ones usually nap. I look forward to the silence. A chance to breathe and take in the day. But in the silence comes the reminder of enjoying the chaos. The reminder that someday little giggles will no longer echo through the house. Toys will disappear. And the photos and memories will be what we have of their childhood.
The little shoes that sit next to ours in the entry way.
Remembering just how Natalie comes in and promptly sits down to take off her shoes, all by herself.
Remembering just how Natalie comes in and promptly sits down to take off her shoes, all by herself.
The "big girl" cups that dry next to dinner pans and morning coffee mugs.
The artwork that hangs on our fridge and the toys that are strewn about the house.
They are the little things that make life a little brighter and remind me just what I have...
My little boy who is thriving every day.
His bright brown eyes and huge grin beam at the sight of our faces.
He bats at things and half giggles when extra excited.
He is the sweetest I've ever met.
So confident and smart. Goofy and sweet.
It is often hard to believe she is only 2.
She made me a mother and will always be my little girl.
There are so many memories to cherish. And while there are certainly days that I count down the minutes until they are fast asleep, I try to embrace the chaos of raising two little ones.Relish in the laughter and coos of my two children.
Because I know one day the silence will be deafening and
I'll wish for their little voices to fill the house once again.
Because I know one day the silence will be deafening and
I'll wish for their little voices to fill the house once again.























Beautiful post!
I love your photo wall. I can't get enough of them. where did you find the cute frames?
Thanks! Those are the Ribba 20x20 frames from Ikea. Great because they are inexpensive and large! I love my new wall. I have another frame set I'm working on. I'll be sure to post once that is up!
Love those sleeping baby pictures.Love.
Silence is great, but life would be so boring without the chaos!
I absolutely LOVE Natalie's little hand on Carter's leg! Priceless!
Beautiful, poetic....what a wonderful ode to family and this time in your life!
Andrea, can you tell me the name of the songs used in your birth story montage? They are both so sweet, and I'd love to add them to my playlist on Lily's blog. Love your photos as always!
i wanted to stop in and say hello to a fellow Texas blogger. :)
I found you on Michelle's blog. Your birth photos were gorgeous! (What I saw anyways!)
I look forward to following you.