Summertime
>> Friday, July 15, 2011 –
photography,
summer
Life is sweet and this summer has been even sweeter.
Carter is 7 weeks old and an amazing baby! Of course, I am a little biased. But really he is a good eater, sleeper and gives us smiles and coos every chance he can. He is healthy and strong and getting close to growing out of his 3-6 month clothing. He loves to be held and really is just the sweetest little boy. I'm just a little in love...
He has instantly become a part of our family and it is difficult to remember life without him around. I look at his sweet face and find it hard to believe just 7 weeks ago I had no idea what he looked like. Natalie adores him and always wants to be around him. She demands he be put down throughout the day so she can 'play' with him. And in playing, it is holding his hand and getting excited by his movements and little smiles. She thinks it is hilarious when he touches her.
This summer has been an adjustment in staying home with two children, but this summer is filled with so much life and happiness compared to last summer. Carter is starting to sleep 6-7 hours at night (I know, I have two great sleepers), but the lack of sleep does catch up. There are many days I feel like I don't have the energy to be the 'ideal' mother and hate to watch a day slip away on autopilot. The days that Elmo helps out a little too much, we eat takeout, and nothing gets done around the house. The days when both kids need my attention at the very same time, naps are short and crying is in abundance. 6pm rolls around and I think "What did we do today?" On those days, it is just about surviving. Making sure everyone eats and is happy, with as few tears as possible.
However, most days both kids are happy and everything seems to just fall into place. I nurse Carter while Natalie and I read books or he is asleep in my arms and Natalie is quietly playing. And while there are certainly tantrums and growing pains that appear through our daily life, these quiet and harmonious times are when I see the best in my kids and the best in myself. These are the times when I can take a breath, look at my life and know just how lucky I am. Not only be able to stay at home with them, but to just have them in my life to care for.
It is hard to believe that last summer Natalie was just learning how to walk and now she talks, runs and has an opinion about everything. We can play games, do activities and she can independently play at the park and outside.
It has been a summer of visits from grandparents
Hot days at the park
Lazy weekends filled with play and family time
It's been a summer of firsts
and a summer of water!
So far it has been an amazing summer filled with love and laughter. It is still hard to believe my little boy is finally here enjoying this summer with us, when last summer I was deep in the depths of grief, unsure if I would ever be here. Right where I am right now. Enjoying the summer with my daughter and new little baby.














































Beautiful pictures, as always. But more importantly, beautiful family. Isn't that was life is all about? <3
these babies are growing so fast! clementine is 7 weeks today.
i love your photos; such a beautiful family :)
this easily looks like the best summer ever. You've got two gorgeous babies and one sweet angel watching over them both ♥ xo
Those are great!
These photos are amazing, love how they tell a little story. Your children are adorable, and your little girl reminds me of my own girl, very cute. Love the one of her "playing" with your baby.
these are gorgeous pictures!!! you have so many great shots of your cuties. And hello, I can't believe he is outgrowing the 3-6 months clothes already!