Healthy

Healthy. It's a word we often take for granted.  Strong. Bright-eyed. Well. Full of life.  I try to always be thankful for my good health and that of my children.  Carter was born big and healthy at 10 lbs 6 oz and 22 inches and today at his two month appointment he was 15 lbs and 25.25 inches.  Thriving.  Happy.  And most importantly healthy.


Last summer when I heard of all of the *healthy* babies being born, I obviously couldn't help but be envious and sad because my baby wasn't healthy.  Somewhere health failed.  Whether it was my body or his, something went wrong.  And while I don't blame myself and will never know the reason, hearing the word healthy has a new meaning. It is the word that people always use when announcing a brand new baby.  It is the word you want to hear about your baby.  It was the word that wasn't spoken when Oliver was born. 



Right now I have a healthy little big guy.  For that I am beyond thankful. Everyday that he and Natalie are healthy is a gift that I try so hard not to take lightly.  I will never tire of hearing how big he is because I know what too small and under developed brings. 



Today he is here, in my arms. Thriving and with every chance to live a long life.

Colleen  – (July 28, 2011 at 8:37 AM)  

This is so very true!!! So glad to hear he is doing great - big boy!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP