40 weeks

Wow, today is my due date. I can't believe I've made it to this date.  I remember calculating my due date after I got a positive pregnancy test thinking "May 17, 2011 seems like an eternity." In someways it has been an eternity.  I've been pregnant now for almost 60 weeks in the last 1.5 years and still often feel like the reality of a live baby is impossible.  I really thought he would be here by now, but it appears he may make a late appearance like his sister.  I know that he will be here now in a matter of days. 

My sister is visiting and has been a life saver.  While I don't want to be the complaining pregnant lady, I've felt like I can barely function over the past 2 weeks.  The exhaustion, emotional stress, the physical pain, false labor, and a cold to top it off has had me laying on the couch, yet attempting to be up taking care of my 2 year old and moving around to actually encourage labor.  The end of this pregnancy has been very trying, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and know that soon our little guy will be in our arms.

I think with all of the stress this pregnancy has brought I still haven't come to the reality that there will actually be another living family member in our lives, in a matter of days!  While I feel his large body now flopping around and am hugely pregnant, sometimes I still feel so disconnected to the reality that we are about to have another child.  I've imagined a little boy now for over a year and just can't fathom what he really looks like and will be like in my arms.  I know I've been more guarded this pregnancy that the reality is a little harder to grasp.  Now every emotion is piling up as I'm days away from meeting him that it is overwhelming to say the least. I'm so close to the end I can taste it and while the excitement carries me through everyday, the worry is still always there.  The exhausting stress of wondering, "will everything really be ok?"

As stressful as these days have been, I'm trying really hard to enjoy the last days of my pregnancy.  I am just days away from his birth and can't wait for our lives to be completely changed with our newest member.  I just want so badly to see his little face, meet him and know he is safe in my arms. For now, I'll just be here waiting, hoping each day is 'the' day.

40 weeks






ccc  – (May 18, 2011 at 5:49 AM)  

Those pictures are great. You look fabulous at 40 weeks! Your sister also looks like your blond twin.
Every time I was 40 weeks pregnant, I too, could never believe that another child would be here in a matter of days--it's so mind boggling.
Take care and I'll be thinking of you and pray for a short and somewhat painless(since it can never be fully painless!) labor.

Elaine  – (May 18, 2011 at 6:56 AM)  

I know exactly how you feel, it has seemed like the longest period of my life but it's also gone so quickly. Trying to enjoy every moment but so eager to meet my boy! Good luck with labour, I hope it goes as quickly and painlessly as possible and you have your beautiful boy home soon.

missliany  – (May 18, 2011 at 7:15 AM)  

I have been thinking of you a lot, I was starting to wonder if you had the baby already. You look wonderful...and your sister looks so much like (a blonde version) of you!

On another note...where did you buy Natalie's yellow bow? I love it! I am completely obsessed with hair bows now that Lily has a crazy head of hair.

i'll be thinking about you.

Melissa  – (May 18, 2011 at 7:40 AM)  

I hope to hear good news soon! :)

Big Love, Big Acceptance - or so I say  – (May 18, 2011 at 10:20 AM)  

Thinking of you as your baby will enter the outside world oh so soon! Sending you good birthing vibes!

Stephanie  – (May 18, 2011 at 11:27 AM)  

Wow ~ I have not been keeping up with blogs lately, and now your ready to have this baby! I am so happy for you. Hope that as the days (or hours) progress, until this new one comes, that you can find your bliss. I will pray for peace and a healthy birth too.

Dana  – (May 18, 2011 at 6:28 PM)  

Hoping that your little boy makes his appearance soon, safe and sound.

Lj82  – (May 18, 2011 at 8:37 PM)  

Thinking of you and your little-boy-to be. :) I hope everything goes fantastically! :)

Kenzie Rice  – (May 22, 2011 at 1:03 AM)  

omg you're getting SO close!!! so excited to "meet" your boy :)

Lj82  – (May 23, 2011 at 10:11 AM)  

AH! I came to see how you're doing, hopefully well! xox

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP