A visit and the home stretch

These are the weeks of pure excitement and anticipation.  I have 8 more weeks until my due date and while 2 months is a long time, I know it will go fast.


Nothing compares to the excitement of wondering when I'll go into labor, how my labor will go and of course what my son will look like.  I yearn for his little body to be in my arms, where I can kiss his little face and hold his hand and tell him I love him. Despite the physical strain that comes with these last weeks, I want to savor every precious moment of the anticipation because I know it will shortly be over.  While I would much rather have him in my arms, pregnancy has its own rewards and bonding moments that differ from motherhood.  While I enjoy the daydreaming of his birth and what it will be like when I finally meet him, I still have the sheer panic of knowing it could all be taken away.  I think about how quickly my world shifted from expecting mother to childless mother and how I'm not immune from that happening again.  I work hard though to live in the bliss of everything happening right now though and find that the worry is less frequent.

I'm working hard to enjoy all of these moments with Natalie because soon she will have to share my time.  I know it is bittersweet when preparing for another child.  Natalie is my baby and I have a hard time knowing she is growing up fast and soon there will be another little one that will add an entire new dynamic to our family.  I think I worry more about her well being because I've known her now for almost 2 years.  Everything is unknown with our little boy.  I can't really anticipate how he will be when I don't know how he will sleep, eat, or behave.  Maybe he will sleep and be an efficent eater like Natalie or he could be the complete opposite.  While I am already a mother and have been through the boot camp of raising a newborn, I somewhat feel like I'll be right back in the same position as 'first time mom' once he arrives.  I'll have a whole new personality to learn.  It is still so hard to even fathom how much my life will change overnight.  A whole additional human being to love and care for.  Wow!  I am beyond excited to meet him and honestly just can't wait for his arrival.  I've been waiting for so long now to have a second child, that I just want to start that chapter.  To have my two children here, in my arms.

My Mom visited this past week and we had a great time hanging out just us girls.  We built an awesome play area for Natalie, complete with her own little playhouse with wood floors (thanks to wood deck titles from Ikea). While the summers are extremely hot, it will be so nice to just step outside so Natalie can play while her baby brother naps inside.  It will be the perfect place over these next few months.

It was a week filled with exploring and laughter
 
 
kisses, hugs and love
 
fun and relaxation
 goofiness and wonder
 
and many fun car rides. 


While it is always sad to see a fun visit come to an end, I can't believe that the next time my Mom is back out here I'll have two little ones.  I can't wait and hope the blissful weeks continue on and have the happiest of endings.

Nancy  – (March 23, 2011 at 11:20 PM)  

Beautifully written! So excited that the next time I see you I will also meet our grandson! Love you:)

Colleen  – (March 24, 2011 at 11:55 AM)  

love the playhouse!!!! where did you find the adorable sneakers?

Andrea  – (March 24, 2011 at 7:58 PM)  

Thanks Colleen! I got the Converse at JcPenny when they were having a sale.

http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=1998841&DeptID=70734&CatID=81851&SO=0&Ne=4294957900+3+14+8+5+1031+18+904+833&NOffset=0&shopperType=G&N=4294933826&Nao=0&PSO=0&CmCatId=external|81851

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP