Rebirth
>> Sunday, March 6, 2011 –
future pregnancies,
healing,
love
The trees are starting the bloom here and spring is in the air. I love seeing the blossoms come out a little bit each day. Somehow my hope for our new life grows with each blossom. As though my body is minicing nature and each day our little guy blooms a bit more. I can't help but relish in the rebirth of nature this time of year and the excitement of a birth of our own.
Each new leaf and flowering bush reminds me that new life is possible. This season, I know there are still blooms that don't make it and plants that die, but the overwhelming rebirth of nature is what is visible. Somehow it feels easier to be hopeful, when everything around you is in full bloom.
This time of year is bittersweet because I remember my happiness last year. I was a few weeks away from entering the second trimester and the sickness was finally starting to ease a bit. Everything felt right last year, as I entered spring, hopeful of a new life to come in the fall. I enjoyed the beauty of the spring, but it ended in pain and brought a long summer.
This spring feels different though and maybe because I'm closer to my due date. Closer to meeting our child and the completion of a long journey to have another living child. It seems appropriate that mid-May is springtime in full bloom. It will be the birth of our child and bring healing to the pain our hearts felt just one year prior. It is coming full circle and offering our hearts the chance to blossom once again. And a reminder that life, just as death, is a part of every season.


