Life is Sweet

I've felt like a bad blogger lately.  I've had a lot of different things I've wanted to blog about, but just haven't been able to sit down and write about one thing.

First off, I'm almost 26 weeks!  I am definitely pregnant and love it, despite feeling extra large and feeling like May will never be here.  It is getting harder to maneuver and extra difficult carrying Natalie around and chasing after her. But I wouldn't trade the experience for the world.  I'll be beyond exited where our little guy is here, but I know I'll miss the close bond that pregnancy brings. I feel our little guy move all the time and couldn't be happier.  I swear he is active like 75% of the day.  I remember with Natalie I only ever got maybe an hour of random movement, but with him I never have to worry.  Here are some updated pictures of the growing belly:


I've been slowly buying boy clothes as they are on clearance, finding rocket decor for his room and we bought a beautiful dresser for him this past weekend.  While each little item I purchase for him builds the excitement of his arrival, I still get nervous and worry 'what if' there is no little boy to fill the clothes, room and our lives.  I think of all of my fellow babyloss moms I've met who lost babies around 25-28 weeks and my heart breaks from them that much more.  Every week brings more attachment and more love.  I just can't even imagine losing a baby this much further along.  But I still hold on to hope and the overwhelming probability that he will arrival safe and sound.  He seems happy and strong right now and for that I'm thankful.

We've had some beautiful spring/summer like weather and then last week we were hit with snow!  For all of those Northerners, it was quite laughable that half an inch of snow literally closes down the city.  Having lived in Massachusetts, seeing snow that didn't even cover the grass would have been nothing.  But I was actually excited, as I looked out the window on Friday morning to see a thin white blanket of snow covering our neighborhood.  I actually kind of miss it, not the feet of snow, but the occasional snow day.  The days you can take a beautiful winter walk and then come inside and enjoy some hot chocolate.  So we bundled Natalie up in our southern winter gear (I don't even have mittens for the poor girl) and she got to experience snow.  She didn't mind the snow, except for her hands getting cold after picking up the snow. 


This weekend it warmed back up and makes me excited for Spring again.  I can't wait for the wildflowers to start blooming and everything coming back to life.  I'll know that I'm that much closer to meeting the life inside of me.  I took the opportunity to have a little Valentine/Summery photo shoot with Natalie.  A sugary lollipop is sure to always be a good prop.

Life is extra sweet right now.  I'm happy, content and in love with my life and family. While I don't know what tomorrow, next week or next month will bring, I'll soak up the happiness of today.



Anonymous –   – (February 7, 2011 at 4:32 PM)  

Hi, I just found your blog from Faces of Loss. My baby girl was stillborn on the same day as your Oliver, and I am also expecting this May. I just wanted to say how wonderful your blog is and how beautiful your pictures are.

Colleen  – (February 7, 2011 at 5:02 PM)  

Hi Andrea,
Getting there!!! It's so hard to let yourself enjoy it fully isn't it? I hated that lost feeling of innocence.

Your girl looks beautiful - oh and typical Mass - tons of snow here!!!

missliany  – (February 8, 2011 at 7:55 AM)  

Great photos! Her expressions in the snow photos are priceless. Lily absolutly loves the snow, but I'm in Canada so we see tons of it.

Kenzie Rice  – (February 9, 2011 at 2:16 AM)  

those lollipop pictures? so fun.

so excited your pregnancy is going well! :) love ya!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP