366 days later and a thank you

366 days ago, was the beginning of a new life.   Sadly one that only survived for 4 months.

366 days ago, I found out I was expecting our second baby.

It was only 4 days after my birthday (what a perfect birthday present) and one day before my Mom's birthday (which is today).  Everything fell into place so easily.  It only took us one month of trying and I was thrilled our babies would be so close together, yes only 16 months apart.  Although Natalie was still a baby, I was ready to have another little newborn and raise our children close together.  I couldn't wait to call my Mom the next day and announce the good news as her birthday present.

So here I am, one year ago from the day we announced to our family I was 4 weeks pregnant, now 24 weeks pregnant with #3.  It is strange to be pregnant one year from this date and still only have one child. While I am that much closer to having a second live child, there is still a sense of limbo.  At 24 weeks, there is still so much that could happen.  I've technically reached viability, although every week gets that much better and I will feel much better as I pass 30 weeks.  I'm really not concerned about premature labor as that has never been a problem, but it is still knowing that I have 16 weeks or 4 months to wait to meet our little one.  There are still no guarantees.

Despite the worries and fears that come with this pregnancy, I really have learned to enjoy every moment. I can't believe that I am already at 24 weeks and our little guy gets stronger everyday.  I don't wish these days away, even though I want so badly to meet him and know he will arrive alive and well.  As always, I am so hopeful that he will arrive in May and that May will be a month of so much closure. It will mark one year since Oliver was born and hopefully the joyful arrival of another little boy.  And I hope a year from today, I will be enjoying life with my 2.5 year old little girl and 8 month old baby boy.

On a side note:  I also wanted to send a big thank you to Sydney at Letters to Claire and Denise at This Momma's Journey for recognizing my blog for the Stylish Blog Award.  I'm never very good at passing them along, but it deeply touches my heart to be recognized and to have my blog read.  So thank you to both of you ladies and as always to my other readers.  This blogging community has become such a large part of my healing and support system through this pregnancy.

Jill  – (January 28, 2011 at 8:28 AM)  

I love that you are enjoying every moment. Even with the fears and anxiety, there is so much love for our babies.

Allison  – (January 28, 2011 at 2:34 PM)  

I am sending you big hugs. We are nearing the date we found out about Drew and like you said, it feels so strange to be pregnant again yet with no child in our arms. I am so glad that you are enjoying every moment with your little boy. I am so hopeful for you and continue to send you prayers and loving thoughts!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP