Weekend Ramblings
First off, thank you all for your words of encouragement, as I head into these next couple of weeks. I have my 18 week appointment, with the option of an ultrasound, in a week and then the big anatomy scan the week of Christmas. Hopefully those will calm my nerves just a bit. I can't believe come January 1st I will be into the second half of my pregnancy! I think I'll be able to breathe just a little bit easier.
Despite being in these weeks, I'm actually pretty calm and feeling really good. There are still things that worry me and for the most part completely ridiculous things like certain foods that I ate with Oliver. I still think to myself, 'maybe this bagel was the blame.' Of course knowing full well a particular kind of bagel did not cause his death. But that fear it always there. I know I can't go back and change anything during those weeks in May, but I obviously want to do everything in my power right now to make sure nothing happens. And really the truth is, is there isn't anything I can even do differently right now. I know it wasn't something I did. The unknown is terrifying at times.
My belly has really expanded, which is evident in the photo below. That is probably to be expected since it is my 3rd pregnancy in 1.5 years. I absolutely love it though. I wish I could take my happiness right now and my cute little belly and keep it forever. I don't really believe any of the wives tales, but I think I look like I'm carrying a boy. At least here, it looks like I swallowed a smallish basketball.
We've had a lazy weekend of enjoying the beautiful weather, enjoying the Christmas decorations and recovering from colds. We have been fighting off colds for the last two weeks in our house. First Natalie got a cold, then I got that cold. I somehow picked up a different cold and have since passed that on to my husband. Luckily they are just minor fall colds, but we are looking forward to being healthy!
I actually purchased my first boy outfit this weekend. I still can't bring myself to buy a lot. But I ventured to buy some maternity shirts and saw this adorable little outfit hanging on the rack at Macy's. Being the bargain shopper that I am, it didn't help that is was about 80% off. :)
As we head into Monday, I'm looking forward to another beautiful week and excited I only have to wait 7 more days until I get to see my sweet little son again.









You look so cute!!! Natalie is adorable as always!
Love, love the pictures!! Thank you so much for sharing. You look adorable and so happy. Love that!! :) Keep your chin up these upcoming weeks... Thinking about you lots!!
I am so happy for you that everything is going well and your belly is adorable! I know I haven't been commenting lately, but I've been thinking about you. I've had to take a step back from blogs talking about pregnancy with belly pictures and things. It is just too painful for me at this time, but I am so happy for you. I will continue to think of you and stop in from time to time. Sending you lots of love and hugs and excitement for your rainbow!
i haven't been good at blogging or checking up on blogs lately because i've been ridiculously busy with work but i came here a couple days ago and read that you're having a boy. OH MY GOODNESS! totally exciting :) i am so glad everything is going well and you are feeling at peace about this pregnancy. love the little outfit, it's splendid! can't wait to see it on your beautiful little son :)
cute belly!!