Thankful

Poor Natalie has her first cold ever. I'm happy I've had to wait 17 months to experience seeing her sick.  She woke her self up multiple times last night sneezing and was awake by 6am. She still has her usual energy though and is a happy little toddler despite the runny nose and sneezing.  I did get lots of extra cuddles this morning and have to say I've missed those.  The only time I really got to cuddle with her in my arms was when I fed her and that stopped 6 months ago.

Seeing her with even the littlest cold makes me so thankful to have a healthy child and family. I can't even imagine the heartbreak of watching a child suffer and spending multiple days in the hospital, not knowing the potential outcome.  I know how fragile life is and really am so thankful for her and her health right now.

It is gloomy here today, but it feels like the perfect wintery day. Those days where it looks like it might just snow, except this is Texas and it is 50 degrees.  But it looks like that kind of day. While I wish she wasn't sick, I'm taking full advantage of her needing a little extra love and attention.  It is the perfect day to cuddle next to my sick little girl and watch her fall asleep in my arms.

Kenzie Rice  – (November 16, 2010 at 12:31 AM)  

Aww its always so sad when lil ones are sick :( but like you said, you DO gets lots of extra cuddles, which is always fun :) hope she gets better soon! Oh and I designed a website for my photography! the link is wix.com/mackenzierice/photography if you want to check it out! no pressure!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP