Together
>> Sunday, September 11, 2011 –
milestones,
photography,
sentimental
It seems like just days ago that I first met Carter, but it has already been 3 months since I first held him. That newborn stage is so fleeting and he is full into infant stage. His smiles and giggles are so rewarding, but I still miss the excitement and newness of him and his arrival. Maybe I'm more sentimental because he is most likely our last baby, but there isn't much that tops those first days of falling in love with your baby. But I certainly don't take these days for granted. I fall in love with him a little more everyday as I get to know him and his personality. He honestly is the sweetest little baby ever.
I used to worry about having a second child and truly feeling like I could love that little one just as much. I worried that baby wouldn't get as much attention as Natalie did being an only child. But if anything, I think Carter has started out his life loved and appreciated even more. Not only have I already been a mother to his sister, but I've experience the loss of a life so wanted. I know the pain of a breaking heart and missing and wondering what could have been. I know how amazing every little moment is. The kisses, snuggles, slobbering fingers clasping mine and his huge smile when I come into view. These are all things I savor that much more and let soak into my soul.
Carter has so much personality now and the connection of brother and sister is beautiful. He babbles and Natalie babbles back. She has her own gibberish language that she speaks with him. It is adorable. They are still so cute together and Natalie only wants to see him in the morning. She just wants to be near him. Holding his hand, stroking his hair and making sure he always has a toy or binky nearby. Her thoughtfulness and compassion continues to amaze me.
Life couldn't be better with my two little ones. Fall is approaching and again there is a change in the seasons. The summer brought a new life and fall will bring growth. I look forward to watching Carter's growth physically and mentally as he meets milestones. He already has great neck control and has mastered rolling both ways, but next will come sitting. He grabs and "plays" with toys and flails his limbs in excitement as he grabs to control the toy. With his sister by his side, there are sure to be many wonderful memories created this fall.
Our weekends lately have been low key and just about enjoying our family. We have adjusted well to life with two kids, but as we are finding out it rapidly changes. With an opinionated 2 year old and a every changing 3 month old, it is hard to know what each weekend will bring. But in the chaos, it is sure to be filled with memories. As always it is in the simple things. We often hang out in the afternoon in our bedroom. Often after naptime. Carter on the bed, while I watch as Natalie requests to listen to Daddy's speakers. We listen to film soundtracks (we are geeks like that) and Natalie listens and tries to find the beat. Carter stares at the fan and smiles and coos as I tickle his tummy. There are smiles, laughs and often whining, but we are all here, together.

Or we all hang out on the floor as Natalie prepares us meals, like carrots and coffee. She searches through her refrigerator looking for right food and proudly brings us her creations and serves each of us, even "baby Carter" a lavish meal. We do puzzles. We hang out outside.
When the weekend comes to a close and I reflect back on the good and the bad, I try to remember the little things we did. The small accomplishments of the weekends. The laughs and smiles that we all shared together, because it in the end it doesn't matter what we are doing. As long as it was the four of us.





















Carter looks so much like you in that one where he is wearing a hat.