First Days

Carter is almost 2 weeks old!  In someways it has gone fast but I also can't believe he has only been here for 12 days.  For that matter that I gave birth 12 days ago.  This recovery has been a breeze and I feel amazing!  I was so uncomfortable at the end of my pregnancy that it has been nice to feel like I can breath again and that my organs are returning to their normal positions.  I of course miss feeling his flops and rolls, but it is so much nicer having him on the outside where I can see him and snuggle him as much as I want.

My husband and I often find ourselves saying shouldn't he be doing this or was Natalie doing this and we have to remind ourselves that he is only a few weeks old.  He has been a great eater and sleeper and like his sister sleeps for 4 hour stretches at night.  He really only cries when he wakes up to eat and he hates diaper changes.  We have certainly seen a bit of his temper during the dreaded diaper changes.   For the most part he is pretty laid back though and so far has been a very easy baby.  It is much different this time around since we have a 2 year old to run after.  We try to hold Carter as much as possible and always spend time with him when he is awake, but it is easy to put down the second child to run after the first.  So far I think we are managing pretty well.  I will be on my own come next week, so we'll see how I do starting then. :) 

Right now though I'm just so thankful he is here, healthy and happy.  Our little family is just perfect and I couldn't be happier.  I love having another little one and he fills a new part of my heart that I didn't know could exist beyond Natalie.  These days are filled with so much love and bonding as we get to know our Son and see Natalie interacting with him.  I never want to forget these days and the happiness that fills each moment. Life is pretty sweet.

The happiness that has been captured over the last week...

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Patti  – (June 9, 2011 at 2:09 PM)  

oh my goodness, i don;t know how he could possibly look any more like the two of you!!

Colleen  – (June 9, 2011 at 2:13 PM)  

He is beautiful and this makes me long for that baby stage!!! Enjoy him.

Kenzie Rice  – (June 11, 2011 at 12:55 AM)  

he looks JUST like his daddy! :) hes such a doll. so happy for you guys. how is natalie doing with him??

Angie  – (June 11, 2011 at 10:48 AM)  

These pictures are so sweet! Carter is so adorable. In the last picture, where his eyes are open, he looks just like his papa.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP