Third Trimester
Today marks the beginning of my third trimester. 28 weeks, with only 12 more weeks to go! In some ways the last few months have gone fast, but then it feels like I've been pregnant forever. Probably because I spent the majority of last year pregnant. I'm so excited to have made it this far and feel my little guy get stronger and bigger by the day. I still worry that something will happen in the next 12 weeks. I can't let my mind go there, because it is far too painful to think about. It is hard to know that he is in there, alive and healthy and while he needs more time to fully develop, I just want that reassurance that he will be ok. I just have to survive the next 12 weeks!
We had an ultrasound last Friday just to check growth and give me some reassurance. My doctors have been great in allowing me the extra peace of mind. He is obviously much bigger than the last time we saw him at 20 weeks. It is hard to make out much on the 2D, but we got a couple of great 3D shots. He is head down, which is great, but was facing towards my spine, so no cute face shots. Oh how I wanted so badly to see his little face. I'll just have to wait 3 months. Then I'll have all the time in the world to study it.
![]() | ||
| His little foot and the umbilical cord His arm and hand resting against his head |
![]() |
| 27.5 weeks |
As I fold each adorable outfit, I think of what he'll look like. As I put the finishing details on a piece of artwork created for him, I think of how different or similar his personality may be from his sister. And as I sit in the rocker looking at his perfect nursery, I think of how he soon will fill this room and fill our lives and hearts with love. Somehow all of these details make me fall even more in love.

We enjoyed the nice three day weekend as a family. The weather was beautiful and like most weekends it was filled with picture taking. I still can't believe how big Natalie is getting and her second birthday is right around the corner. I need to start thinking of ideas seeing as she'll be two about a month after her brother's arrival. I can't wait to have another little model and see the two of them together!










Beautiful pics as always. I love the baby's nursery and those green shoes are just adorable! So happy that everything is going well for you!! <3
Natalie is so freakin adorable! I swear she gets cuter every time you post new pictures. I love ultrasound pictures, I think he's flexing to show you how strong he's getting.
You're little guy is gonna be big and healthy and perfect ♥
Yeah for third trimester (I'm just a week "ahead" of you at 29 weeks now)! But I too feel like it could be a long trimester, AND we're alread in the third one!
love all the photos.
Yay!! love the nursery pics and your little Natalie is getting cuter by the day.
Beautiful pictures! Your little boy is doing so well! I am cheering him on! <3 Congrats on third trimester!
ok so lil man's nursery is just RAD. totally diggin it :) yay for the third trimester!!!! so stoked for you :)
Your little girl is absolutely gorgeous. I love the "little brother" onesie too :)